Friday, June 22, 2007

Camping

Nature Beware.

Tonight, the Red Princess invades.

I'm taking my daughter (pictured to the left) on her very first camping trip with some friends. At first, I was a bit nervous about how she would fare. The sun, the bugs, the endless things to hurt herself on, etc, etc.

Then it hit me...it's not HER I need to be nervous about, it's the cammpground. This is the girl who plastered her nursery with skin cream when she was only 18 months. This is the same spunky redhead who has poked holes through drywall, shoved vegetables up her nose, and has tamed children twice her size. No, it is not she who should tremble, it is the sticks, rocks, dirt, lakes, tents, hamburgers, hotdogs and unsuspecting children and adults who need to take heed...tonight, the Red Princess rides, and there may be no stopping her.

Stay tuned for the post-mortem...

1 comment:

Robbman said...

It's the ones with the twinkle in their eyes that you always need to be aware of. Camping with your pregnant wife and 2 small children may be another problem. Then again I went to Iowa with a pregnant wife, my potty training two year old daughter, and my father-in-law for 2 weeks.